Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Twitter Feed Hijacked by "Undefined" (also - why I removed my twitter feed)

So today I was looking at the old blog to show a coworker and example of something, when I realized that my twitter feed looked strange. Upon closer inspection I realized that I seemed to have been tweeting a lot (and about a lot of very un-PC things). I checked all my settings, fine. I checked my actual twitter account, fine.

What seems to have happened is that some user created a twitter account named "undefined" and then it messed up the twitter feeds (or at least mine). Well, that may be unfair to say. Often when a site encounters an error of some kind it may default those rss settings to "undefined," which in this case was an actual user. Weird, but true.

Anyone else experience a similar problem?

For now, twitter feed removed until further notice. But you can still follow me.

No comments: